Monday, January 9, 2012

Stir-Fry For Dinner...Score!

Last week I went grocery shopping and had the entire weeks meals planned out! I don't mean to brag, but I was pretty proud of myself to planning ahead for once! Well the first night I decided to make delicious sautéed bell pepper and onion meatball sandwiches with a salad on the side! Those made my top ten favorite and fast recipe list! The following night I had planned on making stir-fry, even though I had to work that day, I wanted to cook for Fernando. When I called to have Fernando take the chicken out of the freezer, there was a problem. It turns out there was no chicken! I had forgotten to buy chicken! I swear its this stupid, forgetful pregnancy memory of mine! I have to use sticky notes for EVERYTHING or else I don't remember!!!

Well anyways, I made a quick trip to Target on my way home today and bought some chicken tenders. I love using these for my stir-fry because it just makes the cooking a little more faster! Without further a-due, here is my fabulous stir-fry!

I discovered the amazing rice cooker appliance, its my best friend! I start the rice off first so that I don't have to worry about it at all!

Then I cook the chicken in some EVOO!

After the chicken is done, I put it aside and add soy sauce, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts into the pan. I have to have these steamed perfect, so thats why they go in first. 

While those are steaming away I wash, drain, and chop my broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and add snap peas into the mix!

Once I think the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts are cooked through enough, I add everything into the pan.

Once it is all done I serve it all up for Fernando and I, adding a little more soy sauce! (He thinks I put tons of effort into this meal! Shhh..he doesn't have to know that I don't!)
Serve this bad boy on a bed of rice and you have perfection!
Dinner was amazing! Fernando, Aleena and I, are all satisfied!

P.S. Dont forget to vote, it only takes 2 clicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment