Friday, April 13, 2012

Apartment Mothers...Help!!

I have a problem, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is suffering from noisy neighbors. I didn't know that one lady (our neighbor above us) could make so much noise! I'm so over Aleena waking up from every nap early because the lady sounds like shes going to bring our ceiling down. I swear she has OCD because she vaccumes everyday, for one hour, at the same time. She can't be that dirty...right??? To add to the problem, she doesn't work, so shes home all day, just like me. We have wanted to confront her since we brought Aleena home, but we haven't found the right time, or we just have been busy. I finally got fed up with hoper one day when I was home alone that I was about to go up to her and give her an ear full. Then I thought, I don't know this lady, she could be crazy ( anyone who vaccumes that mich has to be crazy!). She could try to get revenge on us for my complaint, I just dont know what to do. I tried sending Fernando up to talk to her but he doesn't like confrontation. Then I thought of contacting our apartment management but I wasnt sure if that would be rude for not going directly to her first. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do? Am I over thinking this?

3 comments:

  1. So, Josh and I have lived in 2 different apartments since we've been married. We've been the upper apartment though both times. Our first apartment the people would scream and fight and we could hear every single thing that went on - the guy was crazy and I was afraid to talk to him and afraid to have Josh talk to him too...we even had to call the cops a few times...but we talked to our landlord and he talked to them and they quieted down majorly after that!
    If I were you I would talk to your landlord and just say that youre a stay at home mom with a brand new baby and if they could talk to the woman. :) Hope things get better soon!! Apartment living can be so tough - I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your advice, apartment living isn't all its cracked up to be! I can picture the day when we have our own house, pretty garden, and no obnoxious neighbors above us! He he, its nice to day dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh - that thought sometimes is the only thing that gets me through the day sometimes! You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete