Thursday, May 19, 2011

And The Congratulations Begin

Knowing that I was soon going to become pregnant, I knew in the back of my mind that I would be receiving comments from complete strangers concerning my prego belly and my decided on baby plans. I was not prepared for the comments to start so soon with me not even having conceived yet. I was talking to my doctor over the phone a few days ago concerning which prenatal vitamins to take and what else I could be doing prior to becoming a baby oven turned out to be a very informative conversation. Much grateful lessons were taught to me in the short ten minute appointment and at the end when the goodbyes were about to begin I expected the typical, "have a great day" or, "thanks for calling, we'll here from you soon' turned into, "good luck with your decision and congratulations"! Even though I knew that this was bound to happen sooner or later I had no idea that I was going to be a natural and soak up all the attention towards my new spot in my heart solely designated for baby love! I caught myself booming with happiness and pride talking so openly about my pregnancy plans, even though it was only with my doctor. Even though I bet they talk to over a dozen pregnant women each day I still felt as though it was especially towards me only. I guess I must have been quite noticeable with my conversation that the lady next to me at the local Noodles and Company said, " I'm so sorry to ease drop but I just wanted to say congratulations and I wish you the best"! I was quick to thank her and then started to think, wouldn't this world be such a more pleasant place if everyone always talked about babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment