Friday, May 25, 2012

Memories From Me to You

Growing up in a large family, your aunts, uncle, and I all had our fair share of differences when it came to what movies we thought were the best. There were numerous times where we argued over what movies were to be watched after dinner, or on movie night, however, all of the movies had one thing in common, they were all Disney classics!

My wish to you baby girl is to share with you the movies that I watched, loved, and grew up with as a child. I want you to have a chance at seeing some of my favorites and love them as much as I did, so I can see the happiness on your face that I still get when I watch these movies! I know they are only movies, and some might think I'm taking this a bit far, but I feel that this is a memory I want to share with you forever! Your dad thinks I'm crazy, (he can just hush) he gets to pass along his favorite musical classics that he grew up with as a child, (which I might add that your grandparents shared with him, hum hum) so he can butt out of the movie department, I know what's best!

Now I'm not saying that I won't love whatever movies you'll grow to love, you know I'll love whatever you love, but I feel there is just something missing from the Disney movies today, I feel as though they aren't as magical as they need to be! You need magic in your childhood, and tons of it Aleena!

I'm not going to sit here and make a long list of movies for us to watch together, but I know I could. Instead we are going to take baby steps with this exciting movie madness of ours because I want these classical movies to grow up with you, allowing you to drift off into your imagination at all times, and form life long memories that you can pass down to your children in the distant, distant future!

So get ready little lady, here is where we are starting!


Swiss Family Robinson- The best treehouse ever!


Bed Knobs and Broomsticks- My favorite, it can be yours as well!


Sleeping Beauty- Because Princess Aurora is the best princess, she has 3 fairy godmothers!



Mary Poppins- Every little girl needs to know about the bottomless carpetbag and learn the word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!


Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (though it's not Disney, it's still an all time favorite for me!)- All kids need to see a flying car, and know what toot sweets are!

We ask you to make a promise for us Aleena; please don't grow up too fast, stay little for Mommy and Daddy forever, and enjoy every bit of your childhood as you possibly can! Here is our promise to you; we will love you forever, till the end and beyond, and we will make your childhood as magical as it can be, plus more!



P.S. We would surly appreciate a vote from you!



1 comment:

  1. Awww that is so sweet Jes & Fernando! All those sweet things your Mom & Dad for you growing up made you the Sweetheart you are today. Aleena gets the priviledge of that sweetness being passed on. I had a big smile the whole time reading this...you are an incredible Mom. Aleena I know you have figured out how lucky you are already huh? Love to Aleena, Jes & Nando!

    ReplyDelete